My wallet is thick but...
While my wallet is thick, it is not filled with money. The major items in my wallet are --unfortunately--credit cards. I possess two Capital One credit cards. One card even has the image of a Van Gogh painting, Starry Night. I also have a Target card, better known as the Red Card. These cards lay a heavy toll on my wallet and my economic life, since I need to pay at least minimum charges each month. Another section of my wallet contains my "Driver License" as the state of California calls it. This absence of the apostrophe is annoying to me. The state should know how to use the apostrophe and not think it is helping English language learners by not using the apostrophe at all. While I may be pedantic, I do like my new license. It contains my photo in two places, my name, height, and weight, and my signature which people say looks like a fish or a long piece of rope. Thus, while the contains of my wallet speak not to money but to credit card debt, I am happy that my driver's license shows that I am a resident of California, a state where I am relatively content to stay.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home